Women have long been the vast majority of those seeking cosmetic enhancement procedures. In recent years, however, more and more men are showing an increased interest in cosmetic procedures. It’s not a surprising trend. Men certainly want to look and feel their best too. And sometimes, diet and exercise aren’t enough to keep unwanted fat from accumulating. One of the most popular procedures among men is CoolSculpting, a non-invasive fat reduction treatment.
What is CoolScuplting?
CoolSculpting is a non-invasive procedure where cooling pads are placed on the targeted areas of the body where fat has accumulated. The fat cells are cooled to just above the freezing point. At that temperature, the fats cells crystallize and die. Then, the body’s immune system flushes the damaged fat away like it would any other piece of damaged tissue. The entire elimination process may take 8 to 12 weeks, which results in a gradual slimming effect and tighter, smoother skin. The best part is, once the fat cells are gone, they are gone for good.
There are several reasons why CoolSculpting has become so popular among men:
Why is CoolSculpting for men so popular?
- It’s non-invasive: The CoolSculpting procedure requires no incisions, anesthesia, or stitches. That means men who have the procedure can resume daily activities and even return to work immediately after treatment.
- It’s quick: Each treatment session lasts 30 to 60 minutes, during which time you’re free to read, listen to music, catch up on e-mails, or simply relax.
- It’s subtle. As stated earlier, it takes several weeks to a couple months for the body to completely eliminate fat cells. So it looks like you’re slimming down naturally over time. No one will suspect that you’ve had a cosmetic procedure.
- It’s affordable: When compared to liposuction and other more invasive cosmetic procedures, CoolSculpting is often a more cost-effective option.
- It’s effective: Perhaps the best reason for why CoolSculpting for men has become so popular is that it really works. It’s not a solution for significant weight loss, but if you’re a guy who has stubborn pockets of fat that diet and exercise won’t touch, then this procedure will certainly enhance your physique.
What areas of the body can be treated with CoolSculpting for men?
While women typically want to get rid of fat around their butt and thighs or eliminate their “muffin top,” men who seek out CoolSculpting have different goals. Men are usually looking to flatten their mid-section, reduce love handles, or eliminate fat from their chest, which can sometimes make men look like they have breasts. CoolSculpting may also be used to help men eliminate the dreaded “double chin” that seems to appear out of nowhere as men age.
Does CoolSculpting for men have any side effects?
CoolSculpting is clinically proven to be safe and effective, with minimal side effects. As the name suggests, the CoolSculpting procedure can be a little chilly. Though clients may feel intense cold initially, this feeling usually subsides within 5 to 10 minutes as the area being treated becomes numb.
Clients who have the treatment can expect to experience temporary redness and bruising around the targeted area, which will gently heal within a few days.
I’m ready! How do I get started?
If you want to see if CoolSculpting is right for you, then contact Eureka Body Care and Spa at
212-858-0706 and schedule a free consultation. Our technician will help you determine if CoolSculpting is an appropriate treatment option and tell you how long it may take to get results you desire. We look forward to speaking with you and helping you achieve your fat loss goals!